Evolution-100 PowerKord UK plug to W320 IEC
Upgrade your purchase with these options:
The Evolution-100 PowerKord™ is the first in our range of woven PowerKords. An ideal partner for all components, we find it's particularly well suited to preamps and sources – your CD player, streamer and turntable. Many customers also partner it with our PowerBar and X-Block mains extensions. Assess for yourself the improvements it can make (our money-back guarantee gives you 60 days to try it out).
The Evolution-100 PowerKord™ with UK mains plug and W320e IEC connector.
The new Evolution range of PowerKords feature Kimber’s new high purity copper (higher than in the previous PowerKord models) and our new earth arrangement which reduces the amount of noise induced into the earth by 20 times over the previous model. They really are an evolution of the design that we've loved for the past three decades and are the best performing PowerKords we've made.
- Evolution-100 uses eight separately-insulated Kimber Kable conductors, woven together to reduce Radio Frequency Interference.
- Progressing from the established 'earth down the centre' woven cable design used in earlier PowerKords, the Evolution-100 features a new, low induced noise earth arrangement where the earth is helically wound around the outside of the weave.
- It’s not just the earthing arrangement of the new PowerKords that has improved. Kimber have been working on the purity of the copper wire used in the PowerKords' braid; the new Evolution range features a higher purity copper than the older design.
- The Evolution-100 PowerKord™ is encapsulated in a Noise Reduction sleeving which uses a combination of two strand thicknesses to achieve flexibility and a soft, tactile feel to the cable.
- High performance mains plugs and IEC connectors are used to ensure a positive, low-resistance connection to your component.
Internal constuction of Evolution-100 showing the braided live and neutral connectors and the helically-wound earth.
Most Hi-Fi and Home Cinema components - such as your CD player or integrated amp - are fitted with a standard 10A IEC (kettle type) socket. For these, along with our PowerBars™, PowerPurifier™ and X-Blocks™, choose the W320e standard IEC (pictured above, left).
If you are fitting your cable to one of our PowerBlocks™ or older UltraPurifiers™, you'll need to choose the Wattgate W320i high current IEC (pictured above, right).
If your equipment has a mains lead fitted directly into the unit that can't be removed, our Male IEC adaptor pack creates an inline IEC socket and lets you upgrade your power cable. Click here for more information.
UK, Euro and US plugs are available on all PowerKords. Other international plugs are also available - Contact Us for more information.
From left to right: UK, Euro and US plugs
We offer a number of additions and treatments to take the performance of your Evolution-100 PowerKord™ to the next level: these options are at the top of the page close to the 'Add to Basket' button. To find out more about the options, click on what’s this? next to the icons.
8 high conductivity oxygen free electrolytic VariStrand copper conductors
Kimber’s unique woven cable geometry for effective interference rejection
Helically wound, low induced noise earth
Flexible Noise Reduction sleeving
Russ Andrews edition Wattgate W320 EVO IEC plug fitted as standard. Wattgate plugs feature Deep Cryogenic Treatment (DCT)
UK, EURO and USA mains plug options
Hand built in the UK