Meridian SpeakerLink Cat7 Ethernet cable
Upgrade your purchase with these options:
Network and SpeakerLink cables from Meridian
Meridian Audio has introduced a new type of SpeakerLink cable that doubles as a particularly effective network cable.
What is SpeakerLink?
SpeakerLink is an audio and communication interface between Meridian products. Two channels of digital audio are sent along with the exchange of Meridian communications and RS232. Meridian use Ethernet cable for this link, and if you use Meridian products connected by Ethernet, it’s a worthwhile upgrade in performance to replace the cable with this one.
Since Meridian’s new SpeakerLink cable is based around a Category 7 (CAT 7) cable which has been selected by them for its superior shielding, it also makes an effective network cable. It is particularly suited to an audio system that comprises a network music player connected to Network Attached Storage (NAS), for example.
Meridian’s SpeakerLink cable is available professionally terminated by us, starting at 0.5m then 1m and then sold in 1m increments after that.
- Suitable for long distance TCP/IP networks – (TCP/IP is the communication protocol for the internet. TCP/IP defines the rule computers must follow to communicate with each other over the internet and networks.)
- Four twisted pairs of stranded (helps with flexibility) copper
- Each twisted pair is individually shielded with foil for superior rejection of interference.
- All four pairs are then covered in a tinned copper braid and tough outer insulation jacket.
- Total cable diameter 5mm
- AWG individual conductor size 27
- Wired as Straight Through cables
A CAT rating is a standard for the maximum data throughput achieved over a specific distance. The Meridian SpeakerLink/Ethernet cable has chosen for its audio, data transfer and shielding properties.