X2 Block UK
Upgrade your purchase with these options:
Enjoy this fantastic saving right up until midnight on the 31st January 2022. Throughout our Winter promotional period you can purchase ANY X-Block™ and save a huge 20% off our bestselling mains extension.
Click here for all the offers!
- Superb value, high-performance audio-grade mains extension
- Features Russ Andrews UltraSockets™ treated with DCT and DeoxIT®
- Internally wired with Kimber Kable® TCX™ cable
- Incorporates Russ Andrews Silencer™ mains filter and SuperClamp™ for mains noise reduction
Bettered only by our Signature PowerBlock™, X-Blocks are our best value mains extensions and can be used in a vast range of systems; from a small CD/amp, to a high-end system comprising up to eight separate components.
X Blocks are hand built to exacting standards by our highly-skilled manufacturing team and are guaranteed* to provide a lifetime of listening enjoyment.
- 2, 4, 6 or 8 UltraSockets™. X Blocks are fitted with our superb, high-performance power sockets to ensure the very best connection. UltraSockets have a very high build quality and, for good measure, every UltraSocket is Deep Cryogenically Treated and treated with DeoxIT® contact enhancer.
- Kimber internal wiring. We only use Kimber’s high purity TCX™ copper cable for wiring X Blocks. This ensures full performance is maintained throughout the block with minimum impedance – each socket is optimised so there’s no restriction on where high-power components can be plugged in.
- Bespoke ABS anti-shatter casework. We use ABS because of its combination of strength, rigidity and acoustic neutrality. It also keeps the pound-to-pleasure ratio high too!
- Silencer™ filtration. Each X Block is fitted with our highly-rated Silencer mains filter to reduce mains noise interference. It works passively, meaning that it has none of the drawbacks of many other mains filters – drawbacks such as loss of musicality and reduced dynamic range. It’s wide-band too, effective at filtering over a wide frequency range. For the techies amongst you, it is a 'passive differential and common mode inductorless non-resonant harmonic filter'!
- SuperClamp™ spike and surge protection. SuperClamps not only offer protection for your system, they also bring sonic benefits by addressing minor spikes and surges that appear on the mains on a regular basis. In our opinion, these high voltage spikes can raise the background noise level in amplification circuits which is why it makes good sense to try and reduce them.
We recommend factory replacement of all SuperClamp components every five years to maintain their effectiveness - click here to read more.
- 10A IEC socket. X Blocks are fitted with a 10A IEC socket, allowing you to choose the level of mains cable you desire. We recommend a minimum of the Evolution-100 PowerKord™
For full details click here.
Our Upgrade Scheme normally allows you to upgrade from an older extension further down our range, of the same number of sockets, or greater. As the X2 only has two sockets, we will take each order on a case by case basis - if you have an older extension you would like us to consider as an upgrade, contact us on 01539 797300
For full details of our Upgrade Scheme, click here.
2 UltraSocket™ outlets, treated with DCT and DeoxIT®
Wired with Kimber TCX™ cable
Russ Andrews Silencer™ mains filter
Russ Andrews SuperClamp™ surge filter
10A IEC mains socket allows you to connect your choice of mains cable
Impact and fire resistant ABS casework
The 2, 4, 6 and 8 way Height and Depth dimensions of the X-BLOCKS are the same, only the length differs. The height includes the feet and sockets.Height: 65mmWidth: 85mm2 way length: 165mm4 way length: 285mm6 way length: 405mm8 way length: 525mm
Please note that X-Blocks do not include a mains cable - we recommend a minimum of our YellOPower and ideally an Evolution-100 PowerKord or better; click here for details