X8 Block UK
Upgrade your purchase with these options:
Designed by us from the ground up, X Blocks™ are the ideal choice for any level of system requiring up to 8 sockets. From a small CD player / amplifier combination up to a high-end system, X Blocks allow your system to perform more efficiently and effectively.
X Blocks are hand built to exacting standards by our highly-skilled manufacturing team and are guaranteed to provide a lifetime of listening enjoyment. They're compact, attractive and versatile: simply choose how many sockets you need, specify your mains cable, then sit back and enjoy better performance from your Hi-Fi or Home Cinema.
- 2, 4, 6 or 8 UltraSockets™. X Blocks are fitted with high-performance power sockets to ensure the very best connection. UltraSockets have a very high build quality and for good measure, every UltraSocket is Deep Cryogenically Treated and treated with DeoxIT contact enhancer.
- Kimber internal wiring. We only use Kimber’s high purity TCX copper cable for wiring X Blocks. This ensures full performance is maintained throughout the block with minimum impedance – each socket is optimised so there’s no restriction on where high-power components can be plugged in.
- Bespoke ABS anti-shatter casework. It would be easy to spend lots of money on a shiny aluminium box but we believe this adds nothing to the performance – arguably, it degrades it. We use ABS because of its combination of strength, rigidity and acoustic neutrality. It also keeps the pound-to-pleasure ratio low too!
- Silencer™ filtration. Each X Block is fitted with our highly-rated Silencer mains filter to reduce mains noise interference. It works passively, meaning that it has none of the drawbacks of many other mains filters – drawbacks such as loss of musicality and reduced dynamic range. It’s wide-band too, effective at filtering over a broad frequency range. For the techies amongst you, it is a 'passive differential and common mode inductorless non-resonant harmonic filter'!
- SuperClamp™ spike and surge protection. Each X Block also benefits from SuperClamp spike and surge components. Not only do these offer protection for your system, they also bring sonic benefits by addressing minor spikes and surges that appear on the mains on a regular basis. In our opinion, these high voltage spikes can raise the background noise level in amplification circuits which is why it makes good sense to try and reduce them.
- 10A IEC socket. X Blocks are fitted with a 10A IEC socket, allowing you to choose the level of mains cable you desire. We recommend a minimum of the Evolution-100 PowerKord™
Even if you have a larger, more complex system which uses our PowerBlock™, there are a number of ways you could use X Blocks. Run out of sockets? Add more by daisy-chaining an X Block into the spare 16A on the end of your PowerBlock.
You could also use it for plugging in sensitive sources such as a CD player or turntable, and connect your amplification into your existing block. Or you could use it for connecting your mains filters and conditioners – such as your AbZorber™ or Power Purifier™, leaving your existing PowerBlock for your Hi-Fi components.
Need fewer sockets?
Click here for the X2, click here for the X4 and click here for the X6
Don't forget! We are so confident in the performance of this product that it is covered by our 60 Day Home Trial with Money Back Guarantee. Buy the product and if you're not completely satisfied, you can return it within 2 months for a refund. For full details click here.
- UltraSocket™ outlets, treated with DCT and DeoxIT
- Wired with Kimber TCX cable
- Incorporates Silencer™ mains filter and SuperClamp™ for mains noise reduction
- 10A IEC mains socket allows you to connect your choice of mains cable
- Impact and fire resistant ABS casework
The 2, 4 and 6 way Height and Depth dimensions of the X-BLOCKS are the same, only the length differs. The height includes the feet and sockets.
Height: 65mm Width: 85mm 2 way length: 165mm 4 way length: 285mm6 way length: 404mm
What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine reviewed our X6 Block as part of a group test in their September 2015 issue. And it's fair to say that they really liked it!
They quickly found that the X6 Block was adept whatever source material they played, finding that it makes for "a more revealing and seamlessly integrated listen". They found that the enhanced performance was "tangible, with impeccable timing and smooth integration, allied to an expansive soundstage and rigorous stereo focus."
Summing up, they couldn't find anything to say against it, concluding "By allowing your electronics to give their best, this mains block is worth every penny".
What Hi-Fi, September 2015
Paul Rigby reviews the X6 Block on his website www.theaudiophileman.com.
The review compares the X6 first with a standard high street extension and then with a competitors offering.
"Turning from a basic, bog standard, High St. power block ... playing Dexter Gordon's I Was Doing All Right and plugging in the X6, the soundstage sprang to life with a layered complexity that immediately forced a smile" he says. And the improvements continued, especially in the musicality of the performance. Listening to Gordon's sax with the X6 brought more emotion to the music and "was a lot smoother" than before. The double bass, which had been "largely absent from the basic power block" now provided the "rhythmic foundation" for the track. In fact, he observes, "You could hear the nuance of the plucked strings for the first time"!
The results were just as impressive when moving over to Rock, with a recording of The Who's My Wife: "The lead vocal was also now much more interesting with the double tracked effects providing intriguing layering and depth to the performance"
Moving onto a harder test for the X6, Paul compares its performance with a competitors' extension block and the results were clear: "X6 provided a more secure presentation, giving the sax the trumpet a better rhythmic base to work from. Meanwhile, the X6’s upper midrange was more focused and smoother." In conclusion, Paul awards the X6 a "Groovy" award.